Presentation and Status in Health Basket
30 X 10 mg
30 X 20 mg
See prescribing information for full details.
Treatment of depression. Treatment of panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), social anxiety disorder (SAD) social phobia, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
– You are sensitive (allergic) to the active ingredient (escitalopram) or to any of the additional ingredients contained in the medicine.
– You are taking other medicines from the non-selective, irreversible monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) group, such as: phenelzine, iproniazid, isocarboxazid, nialamide, tranylcypromine. Wait 14 days after taking these medicines before beginning to use Escitalopram Teva, or wait 7 days after taking Escitalopram Teva before starting treatment with these medicines. Likewise, do not concomitantly take Escitalopram Teva with MAOAI reversible monoamine oxidase inhibitors (e.g., moclobemide to treat depression) or the nonselective, reversible monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) linezolid (an antibiotic), or irreversible monoamine oxidase B inhibitors (MAOBI) (e.g., selegiline to treat Parkinson’s). The combination with these medicines increases the risk of serotonin syndrome.
– You are suffering from heart rhythm disorders (as tested by ECG, a heart function test), or from a congenital defect in the electrical activity of the heart.
– You are taking medicines to treat heart rhythm disorders or which may have an effect on the heart rhythm.
– You are taking the medicine pimozide