Presentation and Status in Health Basket
A thin layer should be applied to the affected sites and gently rubbed in 2 times daily. A strip of paste ½ cm long is sufficient to treat an area about the size of a hand.
For treatment of fungal nappy rash in children, that lasts over 72 hours.
Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
Do not use to treat nail or scalp infections.
Avoid contact with the eyes.
As the listed undesirable effects are based on spontaneous reports, assigning an accurate frequency of occurrence for each is not possible.
Immune system disorders: allergic reaction (syncope, hypotension, dyspnea,
Signs of an allergic reaction may include: rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue, weakness, feeling dizzy or faint, nausea.
Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders: blisters, discomfort/pain, oedema, erythema, irritation, peeling/exfoliation, pruritus, rash, stinging/burning.
Laboratory tests have suggested that, when Clotrimazole paste is used together, this product may cause damage to latex contraceptives. Consequently the effectiveness of such contraceptives may be reduced. Patients should be advised to use alternative precautions for at least five days after using this product.
No risk of acute intoxication is seen as it is unlikely to occur following a single
dermal application of an overdose (application over a large area under conditions favourable to absorption) or inadvertent oral ingestion. There is no specific antidote.
However, in the event of accidental oral ingestion, routine measures such as gastric lavage should be performed only if clinical symptoms of overdose become apparent (e.g. dizziness, nausea or vomiting). Gastric lavage should be carried out only if the airway can be protected adequately.